Sunday, March 05, 2006

How long?

Sry about the pics.. some of them still not with me after so long. In my aunt's camera.. i dun wanna upload bit by bit.. when i get them all, i just upload all at once.. its much more convinent for me.

Anyway.. i heard this from my youth teacher today. Found it very interesting and true. I changed a bit of the parts.. coz i forgot.. but the main point and focus is still the same.

A 10-year-old girl went to church and her teacher said something that made her feel very passionate about christ.
After the lesson, she rushed home and tell her dad.
"Daddy, today the teacher said something very inspiring about christ. I am going to live my whole life for christ"
Her dad smiled at her and said " My dear, that is impossible. Your teacher said something that triggered this passion for a while only, how can it last for your whole life?"
The girl was sad and she went back to her room and thought about it.

Moments later, she came out and said to her dad " Daddy, i have decided, I am just going to try to live for christ for one year only."
Again, her dad smiled at her and said " Sweetheart, its impossible. Within this one year, a lot of things are bound to happen. How can you fulfill this commitment?"
Again, the girl was feeling very sad. She went back into her room and thought about it again.

A while later, she came out smiling and said to her dad " Daddy, since you said that its impossible for a year, I am going to live for christ for one month."
Yet again, her dad smiled and said "Its impossible. Dear, in a month, don't tell me you will not get mad? You will not disobey me and your mum?.
Disappointed again, the girl went back into her room and thought about it.

Soon, the girl came out again and said to her dad " Daddy, you said that one month is too long. So i am going to live for christ for a week."
However, her dad said " Darling, its impossible. Within a week, you will go to school, quarrel with your friends and talk during classes."
The girl now was feeling extremely sad. She went back into her room and continued thinking.

Finally, the girl came out and said to her dad " Daddy, one day. I will live for christ for only a day."
Her dad replied " Its impossible." You can't be a good girl for the whole day."
This time, the girl cried.

The girl said in tears " How about for this moment? Can i live for christ for this moment?"
Her dad said " That is possible. Christ is looking down upon you now."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home